Welcome to the Freedom Expeditionary Forces
A radiological alarm has been triggered in sector A5. It is unknown if this presents a threat to the Bunker, but even if not it could be a significant threat to our Stricken allies on the surface. Investigate and deal with the threat, people!
Humanity Ascendant is a Live Action Role Playing Game set in a post-apocalyptic / science fiction world. It is set in the years 2517 onwards (the in-game date is exactly 500 years ahead of ours), and takes place in an apocalyptic world stalked by gangs, mutants and worse. Think of a combination of Mad Max, X-Com and Evil Dead all rolled into one scenario.
Players take on the role of survivors of the Apocalypse, assigned to rediscover the world around them for the sake of the Human Race.
Events will typically include 20-40 players, and the story focuses completely around their findings and research on the surface, success in the field and relationships with NPCs and each other. The very survival of the Bunker and it’s 1,500 inhabitants depends on the player’s actions, and the content of future events is defined by the player’s actions (or inaction).
You are the Heroes
No-one is going to save you but each other
- Smartphone – to be used for accessing game QR codes. Essential for Scientist, Medic and Engineer. Recommended for Crat and Soldier.
- Costume – note that pretty much anything goes, there aren’t any ic/ooc ‘rules’ for costume on the surface as the FEF are all volunteers. However we do offer a bit of guidance for people that may be struggling to come up with something.
- Soldiers – wear black overall based uniforms whilst in the bunker which some also use on the surface. Many go for camo gear with standard modern webbing etc.
- Engineers – wear orange overalls in the bunker. On the surface anything goes; the oranges work but can make you stand out!
- Medics – wear blue or white overalls in the Bunker. On the surface some wear more traditional white overcoats.
- Scientists – wear white overalls or lab coats in the Bunker. On the surface many choose to go with something more practical.
- Crats – tidy business suits in the bunker tend to suffer on the surface! Practical clothing tends to be the order of the day but some prefer to maintain an element of smartness